Senior Software Engineer - Go
Position: Senior Software Engineer, Data Archive
Location: Remote or Any Office location at ICEYE
Hiring Model: Remote
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
About the role:
In this role, you would develop the backend and a REST API for our centralized data archive solution. The data archive aims to sort out any practicalities regarding data integrity and availability. The primary users of the data archive are ICEYE’s internal development teams.
As this is primarily a greenfield solution, you will directly impact the solution, which is also why we are looking for a senior software engineer. You will work closely with another senior software engineer, and the team can also expect to get assistance in topics related to, for example, DevOps and software security from our internal support teams. The team will interact closely with the end-users and stakeholders of the data archive system to keep the feedback loops short and ensure feature development is based on answering the needs of the stakeholders.
We strive for highly available and horizontally scalable systems that can be expanded with new features. Our technology stack consists of Go (Golang) microservices running on Kubernetes in AWS. We follow an agile process, build infrastructure-as-code, aim at best practices, and are always willing to improve.
- Hand-on experience with Go and understanding the value of planning and designing before execution.
- Packaging deployments as microservices on Docker and Kubernetes or other similar technologies.
- Experience in implementing RESTful API data-intensive applications.
- Hand-on with modern software engineering practices, trunk-based development, IaC, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Ability to take architecture-related discussions such as event-driven versus request/response.
Preferred to have:
- Previous experience in providing authentication for a RESTful API.
Ability to integrate observability into the application using, for example, DataDog.
Experience in Infrastructure-as-Code such as Terraform.
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE. We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?