Fullstack Software Engineer
Position: Fullstack Software Engineer
Location: Espoo, Finland, remote
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 nationalities. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Fullstack Software Engineer to create and develop internal and external map applications for visualizing and analyzing natural catastrophes. You will be working on end-to-end features consisting of frontend, backend, database, and some DevOps tasks. We hope you are a person who appreciates quality over quantity in code and you also like to develop the shared best practices used in the team and in the company.
About the role?
You will be a part of the Analysis Software Team, which is a hub for full-stack developers but work on multidisciplinary product teams. You will report to the Analysis Software Team Lead.
- Works together in a product team to create and develop full stack map applications for internal and external use.
- You are able to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Full stack developer with expert knowledge on Python, Typescript, React and Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or cloud services (AWS)
- Any previous knowledge of the geospatial domain is valued
- Specific knowledge on Terraform, OGC standards, Mapbox GL JS are also appreciated
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus.
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?