Senior Electronics Test Engineer
Position:Senior Electronics Test Engineer
Location: Espoo, Finland
Hiring Model: On site
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Spacecraft Engineering team and looking for a Senior Electronics Test Engineer to join our global Spacecraft Engineering Team.
About the role?
As a Senior Electronics Test Engineer you will test and document the test results. We expect the test engineers to design test equipment to make the test as efficient as possible. Automate the testing by writing software to control the process. Design a solution to get the test as efficient as possible. You will design custom hardware and software that control that set up.
- Developing test plans to validate power, digital, and mixed-signal electronics against design requirements.
- Designing the test apparatus necessary to complete test objectives such as test racks, data acquisition systems, custom test hardware and software; all of which required to enable effective and scalable test automation solutions;
- Performing data analysis after test results, conducting root cause analysis on failures, and presenting results to key stakeholders.
- Provide feedback to design and production engineers to optimize designs and PCBA production to test critical components during PCBA acceptance testing.
- Performing occasional PCBA rework to facilitate testing, such as performing component swaps or adding test points to a PCBA.
- Managing the schedule of large test campaigns, including identifying and mitigating schedule risks.
- Experience leading complex test development campaigns, involving many "moving" parts, people, and technical disciplines, with a focus on electronics design testing; experience mentoring less experienced team members;
- 5+ years of experience in the area of testing, test automation, and electronics;
- Experience as an electronics test engineer and/or electronics design engineer.
- Degree (or equivalent experience) in Electronic/Software Engineering.
- Experience developing automated tests and the complete test development life cycle of products.
- Developing object-oriented software for test systems. Comfortable with Python, C/C++, and scripting under Linux OS.
- PCB design with Altium or a similar electronics design (EDA) tool.
- Experience with test Jig and fixture design.
- Testing a custom electronics system with a wide variety of lab equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators, vector signal analyzers, thermal chambers, and others.
- Performing root-cause analysis on failures.
- SPICE-based circuit simulation.
- Experience in soldering.
- A positive attitude and a desire to learn new things.
- Aerospace industry experience
- Experience with revision control tools (like Git or SVN)
- You are comfortable with Linux
- Ability to work independently and in a team, take initiative, and communicate effectively
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission