Sr. Embedded Systems Engineer
What we're doing isn't easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build artificial intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our mission-driven, venture-backed team as we build out our customer-facing operations arm.
Diligent Robotics is searching for a Sr. Embedded Systems Engineer to support the design of new hardware from the embedded standpoint and simplify much of the software design.
- Electrical system integration for sensors and microprocessors
- Design, prototype, and validate hardware systems with customized PCBs
- Work in cross-functional capacity with the software/systems teams to deliver key system performance metrics
- Lead the bringup of new hardware and develop system validation and design tests
- Present technical findings to cross-functional stakeholders
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Experience in electrical prototyping, including wiring, soldering, and debugging hardware
- Experience integrating sensor systems with microcontrollers or other low level devices.
- Background in embedded systems developing in C
- Experience in interfacing embedded components: actuators, vision systems, etc.
- Capable of developing high quality code in an embedded environment.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with communication protocols (CANBus, Ethercat, Modbus rtu, Profinet).
- Experience developing in RTOS
- Embedded system controls
- Familiarity with hardware description language (VHDL)
- Experience in PCB Design
- 3-5 years of experience