Lead Brand Designer
Redwood City, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 22, 2023
Zūm has reimagined student transportation, the nation's largest mass transit system. Our integrated end-to-end cloud-based platform provides a modern service for school districts purpose-built around the needs of kids and the expectations of their families. Zūm provides one seamless, real-time interface for parents, drivers, schools, districts, administrators, and operators, to transport children safely and with increased visibility and personalized care. Our multi-sized vehicle approach includes an electric vehicle-first commitment, reduces student commute times by up to 20%, and coupled with our marketplace, delivers added fleet efficiency and optimization. We have been driving the industry forward since 2015, and with more than 8 million miles completed to date, we are leading a new era of safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable transportation.
As a Lead Brand Designer at Zum, you will conceptualize and execute a variety of creative solutions across many digital and physical surfaces including our website, social channels, vehicles, events and print. You’ll have the opportunity to maintain and evolve our visual branding system. Our ideal candidate has a sharp perspective on how to express ideas visually, possess a modern design aesthetic and the production skills to bring those ideas to life. If you’re willing to help out on any project and excited about reshaping the visual language of an industry that’s ripe for disruption, then we want to hear from you.
What to expect in this role:
- Bring our service and platform to life by crafting compelling visual stories through typography, illustration, photography, composition, color and motion across multiple channels
- Work with a wide variety of mediums including digital, print, motion, social media content, digital advertising, deck design, photography, and video
- Plan and manage creative request intake.
- Own and drive projects forward.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to plan, design and create marketing, sales and employee enablement assets that communicate the value of Zum to a wide variety of internal and external audiences
- Design creative concept illustrations, infographics and data visualizations
- Help extend, maintain and proactively evolve the brand design system along with creating new templates and toolkits
- 8+ years proven work experience in communications and brand design, with experience in B2B and B2C environments
- A working knowledge of social media, web and mobile technologies, digital and print mediums
- Systems thinker, with the ability to work independently, but also partner with stakeholders across the organization to gather requirements, feedback and iterate
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while setting appropriate priorities, expectations and meeting realistic deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and care for all aspects of design
- Experience leading creative projects from ideation to production
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google GSuite and MS Office. \
- Experience with Figma, Wordpress and Google Analytics preferred.
- Experience with video editing and photoshoots preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self motivated and receptive to feedback, with the ability to navigate ambiguity and forecast what’s needed next
- A fast learner with a big imagination and a small ego
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical work experience in design
- Bonus if you have agency experience
- ****A portfolio is required for this role****
Zum Services, Inc. and all its subsidiaries provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.