People & HR
Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
The People Team at PayJoy is growing as we support company growth! We are looking for a Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) to join our Colombia-based team. You will have experience coordinating with stakeholders not only from Colombia but also across the company and from different teams, but specially with the Go to Market Team.
You are looking forward to expanding your skills in a fast-growing startup. While you have projects that excite you and that you want to focus on, you also want to be able to stay involved in a wide range of tasks and aspects of the business. You know, as we do, that the responsibilities of an HRBP change from day to day! We are excited about helping you find the right projects that interest you.
- Actively drive and manage initiatives in the areas of attracting the best talent, training, incentive system, culture & recognition and organizational structure.
- Develop innovative people strategies and design approaches that deliver business value and create an environment for employee satisfaction.
- Be the go-to person to coach leaders and advise individuals on employee relations issues, talent management, payroll & benefits, internal mobility and getting the most value out of each employee.
- Partner with business leaders to effectively identify key talent, inform succession actions and foster people development.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues by conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations, as needed.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Ability to work independently, navigate and maintain productivity in a matrix environment.
- Comfortable moving at a rapid pace and taking business strategies into organizational planning that result in successful outcomes both for the business and the workforce.
- Ability to persuade and influence leadership on people matters.
- Collaborative, resourceful, detailed, analytical, and strong sense of urgency with a 'let's / can-do' attitude.
- Fluent in English is a must.
- Prepaid medicine
- Indefinite-term contract
- 20 days of vacations
- $2,000 USD annual Coworking Travel Perk
- $2,000 USD annual Professional Development Perk
- $500 USD annual Fitness Perk
- $250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- $200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed