Tax Manager - Mexico
Mexico City, Mexico
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
PayJoy is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping a billion people around the world step into the modern financial system for the first time and supporting them on a path to financial success. Founded in 2015, PayJoy’s “secret sauce” technology turns a smartphone into collateral to jumpstart unbanked consumers into the credit system. We reached profitability in 2020, reaching 8 million happy customers and over a billion dollars of sales in 2023.
If you feel excited about Mexican & International Taxation, want to be part of the fintech revolution and want to take your career to the next level, this role is for you! Come on and join the PayJoy Tax Team. We are thrilled to announce an exceptional opportunity for an experienced, super motivated, hands-on tax professional to join our Finance team as a Tax Manager.
- Tax Strategy Development: You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development & implementation of a comprehensive tax strategy aligned with the company's business goals. Part of your work will be to identify and execute projects for tax optimization while ensuring compliance with relevant tax laws and regulations.
- Multi-Country Oversight: Apart from Mexico, you will have the chance to oversee tax matters across multiple countries in LATAM plus the US. Part of what you will do is to ensure accurate and timely tax compliance of tax filings, tax payments, and other tax reporting requirements.
- Tax Product: This position will interact closely with product & business people to propose elegant and efficient solutions to the challenges the company might face.
- Transfer Pricing: Provide guidance on transfer pricing policies and ensure alignment with global tax regulations. Collaborate with international teams to establish arm's length pricing methodologies and propose efficient solutions to new transactions.
- Risk Management & Tax controversy: Identify potential tax risks and implement mitigation strategies. This person also will manage tax audits and disputes with tax authorities in Mexico and across different jurisdictions.
- Internal Collaboration: Work closely with global cross-functional teams, including Legal, Treasury, and Accounting, to ensure a cohesive approach to tax matters.
- Stakeholder Communication: Provide clear and concise updates to senior management on tax strategies, compliance status, and potential impact on the company's financial position.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Taxation, or a related field. Master's degree or professional certification (CPA, CTA, etc.) is a plus.
- Significant experience of 6 years in international taxation, tax planning, and compliance, ideally in a multinational corporation.
- Strong knowledge of global tax regulations, including transfer pricing, withholding taxes, and indirect taxes (VAT/GST).
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing tax optimization strategies.
- Analytical mindset with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills for conveying complex tax concepts to non-experts.
- Proficiency in tax-related software, ERP systems, and MS Office suite.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to lead initiatives across multiple countries.
- Be hands-on and very positive. We expect this position to be an individual contributor excited for understanding the details.
- Company-funded Health and Dental Insurance for employees and immediate family members
- Life insurance
- 30 days of Christmas bonus
- 20 days paid Vacation
- 50% Vacation premium
- 13% Saving funds
- 2,000 MXN monthly grocery coupons
- 2,000 USD annual International Business Travel allowance
- 2,000 USD annual Professional Development allowance
- 500 USD annual Fitness allowance
- 500 USD Phone Finance allowance
- 250 USD Home Office equipment allowance
- 200 USD Headphone allowance
PayJoy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Finance for the next billion * Ownership * Break Through Walls * Live Communication * Transparency & Directness * Focus on Scale * Work-Life Balance * Embrace Diversity * Speed