Senior Business Analyst
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join our Finance Team. You will report to the Director of Finance.
About the role?
You will be working in the Product and Engineering Business Finance team supporting all the activities as well as directly engaging and partnering with Product, Engineering and other business stakeholders. You will also interact closely with Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Supply Chain and Legal teams.
As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be a key player of the Business Finance Team, which is located in Espoo, Finland. You will be involved in all aspects of financial reporting, analysis and forecasting and long-term planning, supporting the team in satellite constellation planning, R&D project tracking, BoM analysis, reporting development and other team’s activities contributing to the business decision making and ICEYE’s growth.
Primary responsibilities include the following (but are not limited to):
- Key person in supporting the Business Finance Team in Product and Engineering organizations’ financial activities
- Engaging with both business and finance stakeholders
- Run together with the business finance team the Product and Engineering organizations’ reporting, planning and forecasting activities and participate in the long-term planning process.
- Significantly contribute to the satellite constellation planning, R&D project tracking and forecasting, Bill of Materials (BoM) analysis and reporting development
- Support in commercial business cases and business model development
- Help in modeling, analyzing, developing and forecasting metrics that help in business decision making
- Provide advice and counsel for the business stakeholders on financial matters
- Contribute to all Executive presentations reporting performance of the business
- Reduce time to delivery of monthly, quarterly, annual financial analysis and reports while improving completeness and accuracy of financials together with the team.
- Support in process transformation by applying lean practices to support company’s growth strategy
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Masters’ or Bachelor’s degree in Finance or similar
- Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork and ability to interact with various stakeholders
- Self-starter with hands-on attitude and skills to be a strong team player
- Willingness to learn and develop in business finance field both in analytical and stakeholder management sides
- Ability to structure problems, perform analysis, and present to key stakeholders
- Proficient in GSuite incl. Google Sheets and MS Office incl. MS Excel
- Strong business acumen
- Experience in the Technology industry and large engineering organizations is a plus.
- Fluency in English
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e., on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e., flight tickets, accommodation, relocation assistance) is Optional if the job requires it
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes, including access to a company-paid language course.
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enable you to focus
- A wide variety of the best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Paul du Plessis (Talent Acquisition Partner)