Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer - Finland
Make Impossible Possible in New Space - Join ICEYE
Hiring Model: Office
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international Aerospace company with employees from over 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. As advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity and know how to have fun!
What do you think we should do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
We seek a Senior Flight Dynamics Engineer to join ICEYE to support the company's growth. You will be a part of a small, dedicated team facing an exciting challenge. We design, manufacture, and operate a constellation of propulsion-capable spacecraft, allowing you to work on cutting-edge astrodynamics and propulsion technology. You will get to work with world-leading space engineers and a project that has a real impact. You will enjoy a transparent, open, and inclusive work culture.
What you will do:
- Developing, testing, and maintaining orbit control and orbit determination software
- Analyzing performance and anomalies for in-lab and on-orbit thrusters
- Supporting launches and on-orbit propulsion system commissioning
- Supporting other ICEYE teams with Flight Dynamics domain knowledge
- Degree in Physics, Aerospace, Engineering, Mathematics or similar
- 5+ years of experience working on orbit control or orbit determination problems
- At least five years of experience in software engineering
- Experience with Python and common scientific/engineering modules
- Strong general problem-solving and analytical skills
- Collaborative, team-oriented mindset
- Ability to explain technical concepts clearly and concisely
Preferred to have:
- Experience with STK or ODTK
- Experience designing or operating electrical propulsion systems
- Experience in assembly, integration, and test of spacecraft hardware
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (ie, Auntie, language learning, coaching, budget for additional work equipment for home, charity activity)
- Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every team member enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? You can apply to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.