Role: Sustainability Lead
Hiring Model: Hybrid
Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 57 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for an experienced Sustainability Lead to join our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
In this new role you will be responsible for building and leading the company’s sustainability and ESG activities across all of our business operations, all in cooperation with business, support services and outside service providers. In the beginning we would expect the successful candidate to launch and execute a stakeholder survey followed by analysis that would allow us to create our own ESG strategy and target setting. Later on we look to create reporting metrics to serve as basis for sustainability reporting.
- Relevant education and degree from a university
- Experience in the area of sustainability and ESG, including relevant regulation such as EU taxonomy and CSRD
- A proactive and collaborative working mode in a multicultural society
- Ownership and passion to deliver ICEYE’s sustainable message both internally and externally
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
Preferred to have:
- Finnish language knowledge is considered an advantage
- Genuine interest in the new space industry and scale-up businesses
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, bike benefit, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Phone subscription with iPhone of choice
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation agency support)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Finnish & English lessons
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity & inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
Could this be the role for you? Apply now to start your journey with ICEYE.
We are making the impossible possible together.
Something looks off?